Friday 22 February 2013

Roger & Gallet Flashbox Review



So since receiving this box I have used everything inside it, 2 items less than others but I thought I would share with you my thoughts so far....

First I am going to start with my most used item, which is now sadly almost empty :  (

This is the foaming shower gel - Fleur d'Osmanthus Foaming Shower Gel



This presents as a thick clear gel that when rubbed on the skin turns into a lovely gentle lather that leaves the skin feeling so silky and soft. The smell is just gorgeous, its a comforting sort of smell that is not too overpowering. You feel cleansed but your skin feels soft, almost like it has been washed and moisturised at the same time. This is definitely an item I would repurchase. 

Next was the mini soap - Citron Perfumed Soap (25g sample) full size 100g £5.50



This soap is so pretty to look at, its simple and the round shape makes it easy to use - yes that sounds weird, but round soaps just seem to later up better in the hand, or maybe thats just me.

This is another gently fragranced item, the smell is gorgeous but its not overpowering.  At the end of the day soap is soap it cleans your skin, so there isnt that much to say about this to be honest, as they say it does what it says on the tin.  This cleans your skin!

My only complaint is that the lovely smell doesnt last on the skin too long, part of that is possibly because its such a gentle smell.  The bonus is that as I have sensitive skin that reacts to products like soap very easily, my skin did not react to this at all.  I wouldnt repurchase this as to me this is a pretty soap with a lovely smell but it didnt win me over in any way.  I will enjoy it till its gone but thats it for me with this.  

Next is the Fleur D’Osmanthus Moisturising Body Lotion (50ml sample) full size 200ml £12


This body lotion is from the same range as the foaming shower gel and shares the same amazing aroma, as with the rest of the range it smells amazing but isn't overpowering in any way, which is a good thing in some ways, but as the smell is so lovely its a bit of a shame in some ways because I would love it to linger a bit more than it did.  This lotion is incredibly light, it sinks right in and leaves no residue, infact its like you have nothing on your skin.  

Next was - Fleur D’Osmanthus Eau Fraiche (10ml sample) full size 100ml £32


Another product in the fleur d'osmanthus range, this is incredibly lightly fragranced and feels so light on the skin to, the smell is so pretty, this is another item I wish had a little more power behind it but I just love it. This is a very generous size sample and should last a while for me, not sure that I would buy this full size but I will see how I feel when I get to the end of the bottle. I will say this is a very unique smell that is just so soft and I just had to keep smelling my wrist again and again because it was just so lovely on the skin. 

The last item and the least used is the Huile Sublime Bois d’Orange (10ml sample) full size 100ml £24.50



I have only used this twice, but love the smell of this, this is from a different range from most of the items in this box, but I do love my citrus smells so was thrilled with this.  I have used this just on my hair at this stage, and it did feel lovely.  It didnt feel greasy, it sank into the hair and wasnt overpowering in fragrance.  I very much enjoyed this, but there a lot of oils out there right now, this cannot touch my L'Oreal Mythic Oil, it lacks in texture and fragrance.  And as lovely as it felt on the hair i dont think it felt like it was as moisturising or gave off as lovely an aroma, as other oils I currently use.  I will definitely use this all up, the smell alone is so pretty, but I wont repurchase this.

Overall, I have been loving using the items in this box, I love the smells and the textures and how they feel on my skin/hair.  I will definitely repurchase the foaming shower gel, and may think about the fragrance as well, but its the lack of fragrance that sometimes lets these items down, they smell so amazing, i just wish the smelled a little stronger.  

I am glad i got this box and had a try, and will definitely check out other items in their range in store, at Marks and Spencers.

Check out my video on my first thoughts on my channel on YOUTUBE:



Live, Love, Laugh

And remember, the name of this blog is UNAPOLOGETIC, I'm going to be honest with you always, you might not agree but its good to hear every side of the story xx





No comments:

Post a Comment