Friday 22 February 2013

MAC Archies Girls - Lucky in Love Tutorial

EXCLUSIVE TO MY BLOG

Here are some step by step photos on how I used the pigment LUCKY IN LOVE from the new MAC Archies Girls collection in a lovely minty smoked eye look.  Here is a picture of the completed look and a list of what I used:


  
   

  
URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Pencil in SIN
URBAN DECAY Smoked Palette - Kinky, Mushroom, Backdoor and Asphalt
URBAN DECAY Naked Basics - Venus and Naked 2
MAC Archies pigment in Lucky in Love
BOURJOIS Volume, fast and perfect Mascara in Black
(MAC Fix + to set it all in place)
and featuring MAC Archies Girls lipstick in Betty Bright


 STEP ONE - Base Shadow





I apply Urban Decay eyeshadow pencil in SIN all over the lid, this is a lovely creamy base that is also a good product for the loose pigment to adhere to.

STEP TWO - Lucky in Love Pigment (Check out the next post for more pictures of the pigment packaging and a review)







Carefully dipping the brush into the pigment i tap off the extra and then spray the loaded brush with MAC Fix + to reduce fallout.

STEP THREE - Adding dimension to the crease







Taking NAKED 2 from the URBAN DECAY Naked Basics Palette I take a fluffy brush and blend this across the crease from outer eye most of the way across the eye.  This adds a little bit of depth into the crease area and is also great to blend the edge of the pigment.

STEP FOUR - Lets get smokey





Taking Mushroom by Urban Decay from the SMOKED palette, I use this to darken the outer edge of the crease, and use this to blend half way across the eye.  This adds some depth and drama and makes this a much smokier look.

STEP FIVE - More drama?!




For more drama I decided to add Asphalt by Urban Decay (SMOKED palette) into the outer eye crease just at the corner of the eye, and blended this out to soften it.  





This is now what the look looks like... time to add some colour to the lower and upper lash lines.

STEP SIX - Lashlines





Taking MUSHROOM by Urban Decay on this fine liner brush I take it along the lower lash line half way across the eye.



Then using BACKDOOR (also from the SMOKED palette by URBAN DECAY) I apply this to the upper lash line all the way across, then on the lower lash line from the inner eye corner to the centre where I blend it with MUSHROOM.


 STEP 7 - Blending and lightening




Taking KINKY from the Urban Decay SMOKED palette I apply this with a fluffy brush from just above the crease to the brow.





Then taking Venus from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette I apply this as a highlight to the brow bone, this is a lovely soft gentle shimmer, but if you want something much more dramatic you could use VERVE from the NAKED 2 palette instead.

STEP SEVEN - Time for the lashes






I used my favourite rotating BOURJOIS mascara in black here, but fake lashes could really add a dramatic finish to this look to.


So after adding a spritz of MAC Fix+ to set all the shadows in place thats the eye look complete.

Time for a cheeky wink!



 BONUS

The perfect lip colour to finish off this look was MAC Archies Girls lipstick from the BETTY collection in BETTY BRIGHT.

Now thats neon coral

What gorgeous packaging




Watch out for a video tutorial of this look on my channel following my MAC Archies Girls Haul.  

Live, Love, Laugh

And remember, the name of this blog is UNAPOLOGETIC, I'm going to be honest with you always, you might not agree but its good to hear every side of the story xx

(Incidentally on my cheeks is THE BALM - FRAT BOY and MAC Highlighter in SPECTACLE from the DAME EDNA collection)

Now featured on my YOUTUBE channel - Mac Archies Haul as soon as I am well xx


2 comments:

  1. OMG hun you look georgous the green really looks super cute. You have again inspired me I now have my own blog page and im really enjoying it x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much hun, I had a little look at your blog last night and it looks great, will have to read properly today. I couldnt see a subscribe button on there though so I can follow you to xx

    ReplyDelete