Friday 8 March 2013

My URBAN DECAY Project




This idea started months ago, I wanted to learn how to depot Urban Decay eyeshadows so I could fix them into an old pencil tin where they would be more useful.  I find that i usually reach for a palette rather than single shadows, so I thought what better way to make sure I make better use of the single Urban Decay shadows I have than this.....

However, after researching how to do this, I decided to take it a step further and create a professional looking palette that would look good stood alongside the other official ones on my shelf.

I measured the size of the shadows and bought an empty 28 shadow palette from ebay, I knew it wasnt going to be the best quality at £4 (that was including postage from China), but when the palette came I was thrilled with the quality, its pretty sturdy.

I then got some SHARPIES, in metallic, silver, bronze and gold (£3 for the set on offer at Sainsburys).  I used these to create a fairly simple design on the outside of the palette itself, using the Urban Decay logo and phrasing.




I did this while I was ill in bed, I think I could have made a better job of it but I was really looking for things to keep me busy while I was ill, that said its not a bad job and I quite like that I kept it quite simple.

This is what I used to make the palette:

Hair straighteners
Glossybox paper
Standard scissors
Nail scissors
A towel
Urban Decay eyeshadows
Empty palette
Tealight
Matches
Glue dots

If you want to see how I actually depotted the shadows, fixed them into the palette etc, then please check out my video on YOUTUBE:



But heres how it looks now, its not complete as I need some more shadows to finish it off but its getting there, I had great fun making it and now I can make better use of those single shadows.





LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH

And remember, the name of this blog is UNAPOLOGETIC, I'm going to be honest with you always, you might not agree but its always best to hear every side of the story xx


1 comment:

  1. Love this post, its taken me a while to learn how to comment lol x

    ReplyDelete