Sunday 29 September 2013

Is it better to be Single when it comes to eyeshadows?

So, there I was sat at my desk gazing at my new palette and looking at my shelves to decide how to re-arrange them and I got to wondering, is it better to have a palette with a plethora of shades to choose from or is it better to just be single (as in single eyeshadows).  Yes, as you can tell I was channeling some Carrie Bradshaw when I decided to write this blog today.

What it comes down to is i have a tiny little box of single eyeshadows (excluding MAC, Sugarpill, Illamasqua and Dainty Doll) and I have quite a growing collection of palettes, and I got to thinking about why I prefer one to the other, here are my conclusions.

Single Eyeshadows

1. Single eyeshadows make me lazy - I pick out a colour but then i dont want to rake through a ton of others to find others to go with it.

2. Single eyeshadows take up a lot of space, storing them is a pain - they are different shapes and sizes and just dont play well in a drawer with each other - and theres nothing more i hate than lots of makeup just jumbled up together..

3. Single eyeshadows are too much hard work, if i had all the colours i have in palettes as single eyeshadows i would be up to my ears in them and would never find what i want.

4. Single eyeshadows can sometimes be a little pricey - why pay a fiver for one when i can get 12 for £8 from Sleek

CONCLUSION

Im really not a single eyeshadow kind of girl - I used to be, but the endless raking and poor storage really did annoy me, now i just have a little box of them that are unique colours i didnt have in a palette.  Other than that i have MAC, Sugarpill, Illamasqua and Dainty doll that didnt come in a palette and i just love anyway.

Palettes

1. Palettes are easy to store, mine are on a shelf like books and are accessible and take up little space, they do play well together for the most part and are therefore easier to store collectively.

2. Palettes make me more creative, when i open a palette i never just put one colour from it on, I browse the shades and always wear at least 2 or 3.

3. Palettes give you choice, you experiment with colours you may not normally have worn and you expand your skills by playing around with colour.

4. Palettes are great value - you get a lot of colour choices for a great price, you couldnt buy all those colours in single format for the same price.  (Not even the Poundshop has that many colours on sale).

5. Palettes are pretty to look at.

6. Palettes are handy to carry, you can get several looks from one and dont have to carry lots of little singles that take up room and can get damaged rattling around in your bag.

7. Palettes come with space for a brush (in most cases) and a mirror (more often than not) - makeup on the go - should you need it.

CONCLUSION

Im really a palette girl and pretty much always have been, i love that they are easy to store and that i can pick one out and create a whole eye look with several colours from it without having to rake about in drawers or plan ahead.  Easy, convernient, take up less space and definitely increase my creativitiy.

What do you think?  What do you prefer?

Remember the name of this blog is UNAPOLOGETIC, I am honest always, you may not always agree, but its good to hear every side of the story.

XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment